48-Hour Film Challenge
Saturday Apr 06 08:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $10.00
General Admission: $12.00
About the Film:
Presented in partnership with Hawaii Filmmakers Collective, join local filmmakers as they create and present films written, shot, and edited within forty-eight hours. Guidelines for this year’s challenge will be posted on hifilmmakers.com Friday, March 29 at 4pm. Filmmakers will have exactly 48 hours to create their films within the guidelines presented. Don’t miss the innovative work on the big screen on April 6 and come to cheer for your favorite films. There will be juried and audience awards, a no-host bar, and special prizes.
All of the films had to include this year's theme, line of dialogue, and prop.
Theme: The Hawaii you won’t see in a tourism video.
Line: “Look, I get chicken skin.” OR “Look, I have chicken skin.”
Prop: Traffic Cone and Broken Rubber Slipper
Doors open at 7pm. Showcase starts at 8pm.
Hawaii Filmmaker's Collective is a local 501c-3 non-profit organization whose mission is to foster and showcase local filmmakers and their art.
- Surf Cinema Nugs 2019
- Thank You Mother
- Board Shorts
- Heavy Water
- Rising Tide with Zak Noyle
- Family Film Sunday: Johnny T…
- PAIGE + TROUBLE: The Lisa An…
- Coldwater Journal
- Time Well Spent
- Everything in Between + From…
- Transcending Waves | La Ola …
- The Endless Summer II–25th A…
- In Dancing Days of Dawn
- Beyond the Noise + EOS
- Gun Ho!
- Opening Night: The Shiny Shr…
- Just Friends (Gewoon Vrienden)
- APQFFA Spotlight Film: House…
- Women’s/Queer Shorts Showcase
- Fireflies (Luciernagas)
- Gay Chorus Deep South
- Wild (Sauvage)
- The Garden Left Behind
- Women’s Centerpiece Film: Vi…
- Men’s Centerpiece Film: Gian…
- Before You Know It
- Tell It to the Bees
- Deep in Vogue
- Closing Night: Papi Chulo
- APQFFA Shorts Showcase 2019
- Men’s Shorts Showcase
- An Almost Ordinary Summer (C…
- World Premiere/Festival Fina…